Spring Cards

Tea Art

Mountain Art

Thursday, June 4, 2009

Fiona's Gathering of the Greens Sling Tote





Here's the tote. I'm so glad I can share this with you!

One of my most favorite musicals is Brigadoon and I’ve come to love the name Fiona. When I found the fabrics for this tote and began cutting and stitching, I was watching Brigadoon, singing along, as Gene Kelly and Cyd Charisse are gathering heather for a wedding. Thus, the title of this tote emerged, “Fiona’s Gathering of the Greens.”

This is a sturdy sling tote, made of an exterior cotton blend fabric print, with nearly woodblock-like prints of flower blossoms and leaves in a rich loden green on a creamy ivory background. The band and handle are a cotton blend fabric (like ultra suede) in a very deep loden green. I delight in how the fabrics compliment one another and blend to create a unique style.

The tote is lined with a soft mint green, lightweight cotton blend corduroy fabric and 2 inner pockets. The entire outside of the bag, the lining, and the pockets are lined with batting to add shape and sturdiness to the tote.

The size of the bag, including the sling handle, is 28 inches tall and 18 inches wide. The body of the tote (excluding sling handle) is 18 inches deep. It is quite sturdy and would be delightful for travel, business, leisure, shopping, a very versatile accessory! You’re sure to evoke many compliments and inquiries (“Where did you acquire this bag”, and “I like your style!”). Please do share my etsy site info with anyone, http://www.abercot.etsy.com/.


Thanks and many smiles!

No comments:

Post a Comment