Spring Cards

Tea Art

Mountain Art

Thursday, March 4, 2010

James Herriot

I love the "All Creatures Great and Small" series of books by the Yorkshire veterinarian, James Herriot. My Dad and I used to watch the series together on PBS years ago and we became dedicated fans! I read and re-read the books and never tire of them. They soothe my soul and slow time down. I feel I know the people in the books personally and every time I pick up a book, I renew my friendship with each of them, treasures . . .

One of Siegfried Farnon's favorite sayings to his younger brother, Tristan (both vets with whom James shares a veterinary practice) was, "Save your breath to cool your porridge." It's splendid advice and I'm going to try to incorporate it into my vocab - I'll sound quaint, but I love quaint . . .

If you love animals, especially dogs, and relish the English countryside, I highly recommend this series of books - they will endear themselves to you oh so quickly! Enjoy!

many, many smiles

: )

No comments:

Post a Comment