Spring Cards

Tea Art

Mountain Art

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Doll, Topsi Turvi, Pioneer Hilde





Topsi Turvi Doll


Turn me upside down and inside you'll find


Another doll, smile and all, two dolls, one-of-a-kind!


Pioneer Hilde (named for my Grandmother Garda) is on a journey with her family more than a hundred years ago, in a covered wagon, across the plains of America to a new home in Colorado. She is standing next to a small overnight case used by my Grandmother and my Mother for many years.

She is a topsi-turvi doll, 2 calico dresses, 2 bonnets, 2 faces, a reversible cape and reversible satchel, and she has many stories to tell of friends and families she has met along the way. One of her faces is awake, bright-eyed. The other face is asleep, and she is in her soft yellow flannel nightgown.

She's available in my online shop, www.abercot.etsy.com. Here's her link -



Thanks for visiting.

: )

No comments:

Post a Comment